Welcome to Blandford! This site contains a wealth of resources and information for both residents and visitors. Be sure to check out our Community Calendar (to the right) to see what's happening in town.
See specific pages for exact department, board or commission hours.
• Finance Presentation, August 9, 2016: Click here to download the presentation from the August 9th special town meeting.
• 8/10/16 – Now Hiring – Selectmen Secretary: Click here to download the job description for the Selectmen's Secretary. Please send resumes and letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or Blandford Selectboard, 1 Russell Stage Road, Suite 1, Blandford MA, 01008.
• Dog Licenses: The Town Clerk’s office is in the process of reviewing the Blandford dog population vs the licensure for dogs obtained to date. All townspeople who have not yet obtained a dog license are encouraged to do so prior to the extended August 15 deadline. After August 15, the state mandated $50 fine for unlicensed dogs will be enforced.
Local veterinarians provide proof of rabies vaccination to the town clerk’s office. In the event that you are not able to find your copy of your certificate, the clerk’s office may have a copy on record.
Fees are $5 for neutered or spayed dogs and $10 for unaltered dogs. Tags are available during business hours Monday 5 to 7 p.m.
• Town Meeting Warrant, 6/27/16: Click here to download the warrrant for the June 27th town meeting.
• WiredWest/Last Mile Program Update: Click here to download the May 10, 2016 presentation where Governor Baker initiated the restart of the project.
• Public Hearing – Thursday, June 16th at 7pm: Discussion on amending Section 8.9 of the Dimension and Density Requirements of Large-Scale Ground-Mounted Solar Photovoltaic Installations By-Law. The amendment proposes to reduce the setbacks for large scale ground mounted solar photovoltaic installations and appurtenant structures. Read the full amendment here.
• Highway Superintendent Job Opening, 5/23/16: View the job listing and list of certifications required here and download an employment application here.
• 2016-2017 Transfer Station Stickers: Download the sticker application here and submit it BY JUNE 30, 2016 to avoid a $25 late fee.
• Annual Town Report: View and download the 2015-2016 Annual Town Report here.
• The Blandford Bugle Newsletter, Winter 2015: Click here to read the Winter 2015 edition of the Blandford Bugle in PDF format. Got News? Contact the Bugle editorial board at email@example.com if you're interested in contributing.
• Notice of Public Disclosure for property values (10/2015): Click here to read the disclosure.
• Public Opinion Survey regarding a Turnpike Entrance/Exit: Click here to download and complete a survey regarding this request.
• Letter Campaign regarding Gateway Funding: Please take a few minutes to print, sign and send this letter to Senator Rosenberg – We're asking that he support the mitigation funding for the Gateway District. Without the $630,000 in aid for this school year, we will have to make some severe cuts. Please mail to Senator Rosenberg, 1 Prince Street, Northampton, MA 01060. Thank you!
• We Did It! We met our 40% sign-up goal for WiredWest! Thank you to all of our residents who worked so hard to make this a reality. Anyone looking for more information on WiredWest can visit their site.
• BE AWARE - Giant Hogweed identified in Blandford: Giant hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum) is a Federally listed noxious weed. Click here to read more about its effects and what to do if you come in contact with it.
• NEDT Household Hazardous Products Collection Center Opening in WESTFIELD: Located at 190 East Main Street, Westfield, MA, and opening on 9am Monday, November 3rd. Hours will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am to 4pm. Visit the web site here for more information.
• Highway Department and Road Concerns? Call the Hazard Line at 848-1421.
• Blandford Post Office Hours: The post office is open 24 hours for box access. Window hours are as follows: M-F 12-4pm and Saturday 8:30-11:30am.